Thursday, January 26, 2012

Unique Baby Girl Names?

Hey guys,


My mom just found out today that the baby we are expecting soon is a girl! We were discussing girl names, and like everything in my life, I decided to take the question to Yahoo Answers! We are looking for a unique name. My moms name is Sandy, and my dads name is Steve. My name is Maliea (Pronounced Ma-Lie-Ah) and my other little sisters name is Tanya. We have decided on a few, an we would like you to rate them out of 10. One being the lowest and grossest, and ten being the prettiest and best. Here are the names:


Maia.... Pronounced My-A


Arianna... Pronounced Air-Ee-Anna


Skyler...Pronounced Sky-Lrrrrrr :)


Leigha... Pronounced Lay-A


Leah...Pronounced Lee-A


Meredith...Pronounced Mare-A-Dith


Mercedes...Pronounced like the car


Lexus...Pronounced like the car as well


So please rate them out of 10 and also explain why you don't or do like them. Also, feel free to leave your own suggestions. Nothing like Jessica, Emily, Sarah and stuff like that.


Thanks so much, God bless %26lt;3





Taya...Pronounced Tay-A|||Maia-bad spelling for a mexican name





Arianna-OK





Skylar-sounds like a gay guy





Leigha-Star wars?





Leah-good





Meredith-OK





Mercedes-LOL





Lexus-LOL





You even acknowledged that they sounded like the car...for gods sakes don't name a human after a car company.|||Maia.... Pronounced My-A- 3 why not spell it Mya I love that spelling


Arianna... Pronounced Air-Ee-Anna- 6 I love Arianna


Skyler...Pronounced Sky-Lrrrrrr :)- 10 LOVE Skyler


Leigha... Pronounced Lay-A- 2 if you want it pronounced Lay-a then spell it Layla


Leah...Pronounced Lee-A - 3 its ok better for a middle name


Meredith...Pronounced Mare-A-Dith- 2 don't care for this name its not bad just not one I would use


Mercedes...Pronounced like the car 3 same as Meredith its ok but I wouldn't use it


Lexus...Pronounced like the car as well- 2 don't like Lexus but what about Lexi I Love Lexi what about Lexi Skyler I love that





Good luck with your little girl|||Maia: 6 i would like it more if it were spelled Maya


Arianna: 8 or 9


Skyler: 9 or 10 so unique and pretty!


Leigha: 1 don't like the spelling and reminds me of star wars...


Leah: 5 (so common)


Meredith: 4 not that pretty!


Mercedes: 7


Lexus: 1 don't like it!


Taya: 2





I suggest: Violet, Roxie, Noelle, Giselle, Sydnie, Daisy, Georgina, Skye, Summer, April, Alyia (AH-Lee-yah), Seraphina (sara-fina), Saphira or sepphira or Sapphira (Saf-ir-ah)





hope this helps %26amp; congrats!|||Maia.... 7/10 OK, but prefer the spelling Mya or Maya


Arianna... 8/10 very pretty, but growing rapidly in popularity


Skyler...5/10 is a boy's name


Leigha... 5/10 I wouldn't pronounce it that way based on the spelling


Leah...8/10 an overall nice name


Meredith...8/10 very pretty, sort of old-fashioned, but that's the new trend right now


Mercedes...0/10 named after a car? Seriously? NOT COOL


Lexus...0/10 see above





Of your names, I would choose Meredith or Leah; those are my 2 favorites. Arianna is pretty, but getting too popular for my taste.





Some suggestions:





Lydia... pronounced lid-ee-ah


Mariah... just like Ms. Carey the famous singer, not super popular, but a very pretty name


Alexis.. pronounced A-Lexus and is actually considered a nice girl's name rather than a car


Tamara... pronounced Tah-mare-ah


Tia...pronounced Tee-ah


Kimya... pronounced just as it is spelled, kim-ya. It's a good friend of mine's name.


Sonya...pronounced Son-ya|||Liva (livy-a)|||Skylar-sounds like a gay guy





Leigha-Star wars?





Leah-good

No comments:

Post a Comment